Startsida Umeå kommun

Upper secondary school

Umeå has several municipal, national and independent upper secondary schools. If you are under the age of 20, you study at an upper secondary school. If you are over the age of 20, you study through adult education.

Application for upper secondary education

Gymnasieantagningen Västerbottens län (Admissions Unit for Västerbotten County) can provide information on education programmes and is responsible for admissions to upper secondary schools in Västerbotten. If you are attending compulsory school or some other form of schooling, submit your application to the study adviser at your school or by internet ( The website provides more detailed information about admission to upper secondary school.

Students residing outside of the county must submit their application to the Admissions Unit of their local municipality. For more information, contact your study adviser or career counsellor, or the Admissions Unit.

More information

A list of the various upper secondary schools is available at:

Additional information at:

(both sites in Swedish)


Råd från myndigheter/advice from authorities: